Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Newport, KY

Last Friday, Ryan, Addy, and I had the pleasure of driving to Newport, KY and going to Newport Aquarium. I love the Ryan has Fridays off of work now! :) Newport Aquarium was wonderful, so many beautiful exhibits...I think I liked it more because Addy enjoyed it more than Georgia Aquarium. Newport was definitely geared more toward children...
We arrived early so we could see the penguin parade. I am not kidding, the penguins names were Paula, Randy, and Simon! They stayed in their "float" because they apparently poop every 5-10minutes...eek! So glad I don't have to clean that exhibit...

This is as close as she would get - she loves penguins, or "pengees" as she calls them!

She was not afraid to touch anything here...she pet a horseshoe crab and a starfish.

Ryan and Addy next to the largest turtle I've ever seen enclosed! Addy wouldn't go near him...I don't blame the girl, he was kind of scary looking...

So I tried to get her to stick her head in the alligators mouth...not so much! :) Smart girl!

So my "big girl" still looks pretty small here, eh?

Smelling her balloon flower that a man on stilts made for her...she called him "high guy." :)

Ready for lunch at Johnny Rockets

Sharing a yummy strawberry shake - LOVE it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment