Monday, March 23, 2009

Trip to the Dentist


So today was Addy's second visit to the dentist. Just a routine exam and cleaning. This time however, the staff ask that I not go back with her. Apparently, studies have shown children do better without the mother anxiously watch as they pry open the mouth of a 20month old and peer in at all those pearly whites! :) Really though, I was prepared not to go back (they warned me last time about it). The dental assistant came out and got Addy - to my surprise, willingly she went, clutching bottlebear and her baby. She returned after what seemed like a lifetime of waiting (like 5 minutes), sniffing and holding bottlebear, baby, a balloon, a new purple toothbrush, and wearing a sticker! I wish I would have thought to take a picture, but even if I had my camera with me, I wouldn't have used it! Addy sniffing (like catching your breath after sobbing hysterically) and reaching for me would have made me forget all about blogging that pic! :) Anyway, this pic was re-created at home, showing off her balloon, sticker, toothbrush, and of course, that beautiful smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment